Mobile Device Management
As the world has slowly adjusted to working from home during this global pandemic, more and more people are needing access to their company data across multiple platforms. There are multiple considerations that come into play from accessing your company data from your cell phone or personal tablet. One major thing to think about is whether to utilize Mobile Device Management (MDM). MDM allows for your company to place specific policies in place and security on your mobile devices to ensure if the device was ever lost or stolen, the company data you have access to is protected. The following is a small list of things to consider.
– You will be able to grant access to anyone in your company at any time by allowing them to access company data on their mobile devices
– You can remove/restrict data if phone/tablet is ever lost or stolen
– Add additional security to the company data specifically to ensure the wrong eyes do not see anything they shouldn’t
– Allows BYOD (bring your own device) so employees can use their personal phone instead of needing a company phone
– Additional security can mean a secondary login verification to access the company data, which can take a few extra seconds & can be cumbersome to some
– Employee’s may not want to have company data access on their personal devices & may push back
– It can be difficult to ensure the policies and settings are set up correctly if you aren’t using a competent IT company.
If you’d like more information or have questions on how to set up MDM for our company, we are happy to help! Feel free to reach out to us anytime by emailing email@example.com or calling 248-550-0820.